Your exit can add the finishing touch to your wedding day. Newly married couples aren’t confined to limos anymore. Consider escaping in a:
- Horse-drawn carriage: Make the trip romantic and intimate in a Victorian-style buggy.
- Boat: Don’t be hesitant to make a splash if the reception is on water.
- Tandem bike: For less than $50, the two of you can ride off into the sunset.
- Antique car: Look into renting the Rolls Royce you’ve always wanted.
- Hot air balloon: What better way to leave your reception than to literally float away? Spend a few hundred dollars to fly away with your new spouse after the reception. Check around for balloon companies in your area, or for national companies that will come to you.
You’re only limited by your imagination. Start planning early so you can escape just the way you pictured it. Whichever form of transportation you choose, ask the right questions before you rent.
Here are a few to start your search:
- Do you have a wedding package available?
- How far ahead of time should we make reservations?
- Do you charge by distance or by time?
- Is there a minimum rental time? What are charges after that?
- Do you require a deposit? When is it due? How much?
- What happens if we need to cancel or postpone?
- Can we see the vehicle ahead of time?
- Do you have different styles to choose from?
- What type of decorating can we do to the vehicle?
- Does the company provide a ‘Just Married’ sign?
- Does it have a cover in case of foul weather?
After spending so much time planning to make the wedding a success, do yourself a favor and make your exit exactly what you want it to be.