WEEKLY WEDDING TIP –
DISCOVER YOUR TRUE COLORS
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to know which colors complemented your complexion and which ones didn’t? Well, we’ve got you covered. Read on to learn which colors are your true colors-the colors that enhance your complexion and add to your natural glow.
Usually, women are naturally drawn to colors that complement them. Take a quick glance through your closet. Is there one color that seems to dominate your wardrobe? Chances are, that is one of your best colors. When you wear it, you probably feel confident and attractive. So, go with your instincts. If you’re still unsure, there are a few basic color clues to help you make the right color choices.
Do you have a warm or cool complexion? If you have yellow undertones to your skin, then you have a warm complexion. If you have blue or pink undertones, you have a cool complexion. Warm complexions have a peach, cream or yellow cast while cool complexions have a rosy or pink cast. Take a minute and look at your complexion (without makeup) to determine your skin tone. Look at the categories described below and find one that suits you the best.
The golden glow category:
Warm autumn coloring is deep and rich.
• Eyes: brown, olive green or dark hazel.
• Hair: medium golden brown, auburn, red or deep golden blonde.
• Skin: bronze, golden beige, ivory or warm beige. You may even have freckles.
• Flattering colors: khaki, golden brown, cream, coffee brown, terracotta, olive, navy, deep peach, salmon pink, pumpkin, bittersweet, yellow gold, emerald turquoise, forest green, deep periwinkle and purple.
Warm spring coloring is light and delicate.
• Eyes: olive green, light hazel or blue.
• Hair: light golden brown, coppery red, strawberry blonde or deep golden blonde.
• Skin: bronze, golden beige, ivory or porcelain, and may be freckled.
• Colors: bronze, golden brown, dark brown, stone, peach, coral, tomato red, rust, buff, yellow green, light aqua, emerald turquoise, jade and deep periwinkle.