Hiring a professional videographer to videotape your wedding ensures you’ll end up with a high-quality, well-organized recording. Before you decide on whom to hire, outline what you want as the end result and understand what it’ll take to get there.
What you ask a prospective videographer should not only determine that he offers the services you’re looking for, but also that he’s willing and eager to expertly record your wedding onto tape. When interviewing, don’t be afraid to ask for an interpretation of any answer you don’t understand. Let the answers to the following questions shape your list of potential hires:
- Are you available for our wedding date and time?
- Can we see a demo tape (of an actual wedding – not a stylized, produced demo tape)?
- Can you attend the rehearsal?
- How much control do we have in the editing process? Do you also provide an unedited version?
- Can we add our own music or thoughts to the taping?
- How long will the final tape be?
- Will you supply more than one copy of the final tape?
- Will you preview the site beforehand?
- What kind of setup do you need?
- When should we reserve your services?
- What packages do you offer?
- What prices do you charge? Do you require a deposit? How much is it and when is it due?
- When will the balance be due?
- Do you edit digitally so we can get a DVD? If not, will you in the near future?